Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One Week Down

After the end of today, I have officially been doing WW for a 7 days straight! Man, it feels like longer, already. I haven't weighed myself yet. Kind of forgot at the gym this morning. But that's not really important to me anyways. Here's what I have learned this week.

1. You need to EAT your points! I think at first, the points are kind of scary. I prepare a snack, track it, and "Oh No! 7 points!" It seems like a lot, but your points are there for you too eat. I am convinced you cannot lose weight without eating. At least not healthily. I have been running low on energy these past few days, and low and behold, I haven't even met my points value for the past 3 days. So, today, I'm committing to eating!

2. Grains. I eat a lot of them. I love bread. I'm a total sandwich girl, always have been. My first go-to snack...anything on a piece of bread. I do eat 100% whole wheat, so I feel okay about it, but eventually I would like to decrease the amount of bread I eat. Maybe try some other grains.

3. There are options! The thing I love most about WW is that you have options. You can eat anything, really. Obviously you get the most out of your points when you choose healthy options. I swear sometimes I feel like I'm eating all day just because I have made good choices, and I can!

4. Color is GOOD! I have been eating fruits and veggies like crazy this week! It's so important to have them as a part of your diet. Plus they make your plate look pretty. I have had loads of spinach, apples, berries, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, etc, etc. It's been awesome. I have felt so much better each day as I have replaced sugar cravings with an apple.

5. Exercise is a must...still. I know that eating well is 80% of my problem. But, that last 20% is incredibly important. Exercising is something I will always have to do. Good thing I enjoy it... most of the time. I have tried a few new things this week, a spin class, and a TRX class. LOVED both of them and hope to continue to keep going.

I feel like it has been a good week. I am sure I will learn lots more over the next months. And, I hope I start seeing some results!

No comments:

Post a Comment