Sunday, April 15, 2012

Healthy Meal

Tonight I made a delicious and healthy meal that I wanted to share. First, it's Pork. I have only made pork one other time in all my life, and it was in the crock-pot. I was nervous, but it turned out great.


Here is the recipe:

Breaded Pork

1 1/2 lbs Lean Pork Tenderloins (6-1/4 oz tenderloins)
1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp Paprika
2 tsp Garlic Salt
1 tsp Onion Powder
Cooking Spray

1. In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic salt, and onion powder.
2. Coat each tenderloin, front and back, with the cooking spray.
3. Place coated tenderloins in breadcrumb mixture. Cover each side, evenly.
4. Place on a greased cookie sheet (or use a parchment paper, which I did).
5. Bake @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked all the way through.

Um, I made this recipe up. I tried baking it at a higher temp for 15 minutes, but I think it was a little too tough. So, I recommend doing it at a lower temp for longer.

Green Beans

1 1/2 cups String Beans
1 Tbsp Canola Oil
1/8 tsp minced garlic
Black Pepper to taste

1. String the Beans.
2. Heat oil and garlic in a fry pan over medium heat.
3. Add beans and pepper.
4. Cook beans until tender.

I steamed the red potatoes in my rice cooker and added 1 Tbsp of light sour cream, salt and pepper.

The entire meal was only 11 points, and I was stuffed. The red potatoes were a lot more points than I had thought they would be. Oh well, it's still great for an entire, very filling, meal. T loved helping string and snap the beans, and he even ate some pork.

Overall, it was quite successful!


No comments:

Post a Comment