Thursday, May 24, 2012

Stress=Eating

I have always been an emotional eater.  My mom claims it comes from her.  Thanks mom.  I see myself doing it.  When life hits a rough patch, I get stressed out, or things just aren't working out the way I'd hoped, I eat.  It makes me feel better.  At least that's what I tell myself.

Professionals say you need to figure out why you are going to food during those times.  Um...it tastes good??  I don't know any other reason than that.  And if I did have another answer, I probably wouldn't still have the same problem.

I am working on this bad habit.  It's hard though.  Today I had 17 Cherry Twizzler Bites. That equals 4 points.  4 points is like having breakfast all over again.  Except it didn't fill me up like breakfast does. I didn't really need them...although I did need a little something sweet after my lunch.  Instead of grabbing the already cut up cantaloupe in the fridge, I grabbed the Twizzlers. And no, I don't know why.  Maybe my sugar is a "beacon of hope".  It kind of seems more like the opposite, though.

So, I conclude to do better at this "emotional eating".  Maybe I will do 5 pushups every time I feel like I need to eat something sweet. That should help...maybe.

Cheers to better choices...and less stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment