Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Five Percent

Today I hit my first weight goal of WW!!  I couldn't believe it.  I haven't been eating so healthy the past few days, so I thought for sure I would see a gain when I got on the scale.  But, I didn't!  I dropped another 1.6 pounds.  So I have officially completed goal one of losing 10 lbs, which is 5% of my weight!

I am honestly completely shocked, and really happy.  It's nice to see hard work pay off. I have tried to eat well, although Mother's day at the in-laws really sent me for a spin, (nothing there is low in points), and i have tried to be really active.  It's been easy with the nice weather.  I am able to get my workout in, whether it be at the gym, going for a run, or at home, and then we usually head out for a walk or bike ride later in the day...sometimes twice.  It's nice to be outside and know that you are being active and healthy.

I celebrated today with a treat at the most delicious bakery by my house.  It's a huge chocolate oatmeal bar, totaling 7 points.  I can't believe I'm wasting 7 points on one thing!  But, it's really yummy.  I walked to the bakery, which totals about 40 minutes, so I think that helps me not feel as bad!

Happy Day!

P.S.  I made delicious Zucchini Boats for dinner last night.  Here is the recipe:

Zucchini Boats

3 medium zucchini
15 oz ricotta part-skim cheese
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic salt
3 Tbsp bread crumbs
Lemon Juice
Basil

1.  Preheat oven to 350
2.  Slice zucchini in half lengthwise.
3.  Scoop out seed in the center of zucchini
4.  Place zucchini on baking sheet, and bake while making cheese mixture

5.  Combine ricotta, parmesan, and garlic salt.
6.  Fill the center of each zucchini half with cheese mixture
7.  Top with bread crumbs
8.  Return to oven and cook until bread crumbs are golden brown, cheese is warmed all the way through and bubbly, and zucchini is soft.
9.  Garnish with lemon juice and basil, if desired.

Each zucchini half is 3 points.  Not too bad! And they are delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment